Andrew leads our regulatory team. Chambers UK Guide to the Legal Profession 2014 says "He is very solid, very sensible, very reliable, and offers good client care". He is also recommended by Who's Who Legal.
Andrew acts for a wide range of corporate and individual clients facing regulatory investigation or prosecution. He has a wealth of experience in matters involving the FCA, CQC, GMC and other professional regulators. His clients include many professionals such as lawyers, accountants and company directors.
Andrew also has over 20 years' experience in criminal defence work with particular expertise in the defence of serious fraud and extradition. He has acted in many criminal cases where issues of human rights and civil liberties arise.
Current and recent matters in which he has acted include:-
- Directors of a corporate dental practice prosecuted by the CQC and investigated by the GDC
- The executive committee of a care home investigated by the police and CQC regarding the abuse and death of a resident and falsification of records
- A QC and junior barrister regarding data protection issues reported to the ICO and BSB
- An Early Years Learning Provider investigated by OFSTED for failing to notify safeguarding issues
- A corporate finance and broking firm in a regulatory investigation by the FCA
- An insurance intermediary firm in a regulatory investigation by the FCA
- A senior banker prosecuted by the SFO for alleged manipulation of EURIBOR
- A senior banker regarding a high profile bribery and money laundering investigation
- Senior individuals investigated by the SFO in connection with its bribery enquiry in to Rolls Royce plc
- A foreign lawyer investigated for a serious fraud on mortgage lenders of a care home portfolio
- A top 100 UK law firm requiring anti-money laundering advice
- A number of companies and individuals involved in the research chemicals industry concerning compliance with criminal and regulatory law requirements
Andrew has presented training courses on regulatory matters, money laundering, financial sanctions, restraint and confiscation of assets, fraud and extradition. He co-authored a chapter in Butterworth's Fraud: Law Practice and Procedure. He has chaired a session on international financial sanctions at the IBA Annual Conference. He is a member of the Law Society's Anti Money Laundering Panel authorised to give specialist advice on this subject to other solicitors.
He is a member of the Association of Regulatory & Disciplinary Lawyers, Fraud Lawyers Association, Extradition Lawyers Association, Proceeds of Crime Lawyers Association and Amnesty.
email@example.com or 020 7702 5335