Andrew leads our regulatory team. He is commended in the Chambers UK Guide to the Legal Profession 2018 for his "very sensible approach to cases." He is also recommended by Who's Who Legal.
Andrew acts for both individuals and corporates facing investigation or prosecution in a wide range of regulatory matters. He has a wealth of experience in cases involving the FCA, CQC, GMC, HSE and other regulators and investigators.
In addition Andrew has over 20 years' experience in criminal defence work with particular expertise in the defence of serious fraud and extradition.
Recent matters include acting for:
- The executive committee of a care home investigated for criminal, regulatory and health and safety issues regarding the death of a resident. This matter included dealing with allegations of abuse and falsification of records
- An owner manager of a group of care homes investigated by the police, the local authority and the CQC following allegations of fraud and abuse of residents
- A well-known highway maintenance company under investigation by the police and the HSE following the death of a pedestrian
- A partner in a high profile firm of solicitors appearing before the SDT regarding allegations of improper payments
- A QC and junior barrister for breaches of the data protection regime that were reported to the ICO and the BSB
- An Early Years Learning Provider investigated by OFSTED for failing to notify safeguarding issues
- A corporate finance and broking firm in a regulatory investigation by the FCA
- A whistleblower and senior manager of an asset management firm during an internal investigation into alleged breaches of the FCA rules
- The president and chairman of an international oil company being investigated for overseas bribery by the NCA
- Senior individuals investigated by the SFO in connection with its bribery enquiry in to Rolls Royce plc
- A senior individual investigated as part of the SFO’s investigation in to BAT plc
- A senior banker under suspicion in a high profile international bribery and money laundering investigation
- A major UK charity requiring anti-money laundering advice
Andrew regularly gives seminars and lectures on a wide range of criminal and regulatory issues, with a particular focus on the areas of health and safety, anti-money laundering, extradition, fraud, and the restraint and confiscation of assets. He co-authored a chapter in Butterworth's Fraud: Law Practice and Procedure. He is a member of the Law Society's Anti Money Laundering Panel.
He is a member of the Association of Regulatory & Disciplinary Lawyers, the Fraud Lawyers Association, the Extradition Lawyers Association, and Amnesty.
email@example.com or 020 7702 5335