Andrew leads our regulatory team. He is commended by the Legal 500 2020 edition which says that “he has an encyclopaedic knowledge of the law and current events in his sector, and also a good relationship with regulatory authorities." He is also recommended by Chambers and Partners.
Andrew acts for both individuals and corporates facing investigation or prosecution in a wide range of regulatory matters. He has a wealth of experience in cases involving the FCA, FRC, SRA and other regulators and investigators.
In addition Andrew has over 20 years' experience in criminal defence work with particular expertise in the defence of serious fraud and extradition.
Recent matters include acting for:
- A whistle blower and senior manager of an asset management firm during an internal and high profile FCA investigation
- An accountant and former director of a subsidiary of a FTSE 100 firm investigated by the FRC for allegations of manipulation of corporate accounts
- A director of a FTSE 250 listed investigated by the FCA for insider dealing
- Several companies and their directors regarding High Court proceedings by the FCA for a collective investment scheme and unauthorised deposit taking
- A senior manager investigated as part of the SFO’s investigation in to Serco plc
- A partner and head of department in a well-known firm of solicitors investigated by the SRA regarding allegations of appropriating large sums of client money
- A partner in an international law firm investigated by the SRA for allegations of tax fraud
- A senior consultant investigated by the GMC for allegations of misconduct
- A doctor investigated by the GMC for allegations of fraud on a vulnerable patient
- The president and chairman of an international oil company investigated for bribery of a foreign government minister
- A financier facing trial accused of fraud on a sovereign wealth fund
- A senior individual investigated as part of the SFO’s investigation in to BAT plc
- A well- known charity requiring anti-money laundering, terrorist financing and sanctions advice
- A corporate litigation funder requiring anti-money laundering, anti-bribery and corruption and sanctions advice
Andrew regularly gives seminars and lectures on a wide range of criminal and regulatory issues, with a particular focus on the areas of financial services, professional discipline, anti-money laundering, extradition and fraud. He is a member of the Law Society's Anti Money Laundering Panel.
He is a committee member of the Association of Regulatory & Disciplinary Lawyers, a member of the Fraud Lawyers Association, and Amnesty.
firstname.lastname@example.org or 020 7702 5335